Cannot remove custom host name

Hi,

I have moved my Wordpress site to Shopify and Shopify are stating that I need to contact cloudflare to remove the cloudflare headers.

“The reason is as there are Cloudflare headers preventing this. This headers will need to be removed in that way your domain will connect with Shopify.”

The domain is doubledutchdrinks.com and is fully pointed to Shopify, they even confirmed they can see it on there side but SSL cant be provisioned.

I am unable to contact cloudflare as I don’t have a paid account and shopify are unwilling to do it on my behalf.

My ticket to cloudflare is: 2315118

Many thanks

Hello,

can you please clarify what you try to setup?

Which headers would you like to remove?

Maybe this article is helpful: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/203464660-Using-CloudFlare-with-Shopify

Hi,

I am not trying to remove anything, I am trying to remove the cloudflare headers from my domain so that Shopify can provision the SSL.

I am not even using cloudflare, the domain points directly to shopify.

My issue is similar to this other post: Moving from WP to Shopify - Remove Headers - AprilsMaple.com

Hi @user12377,

In the thread you linked to, the solution was to reach out to the previous host/provider who has a Cloudflare setup for your domain and ask them to remove it. In that case, I think it was WPEngine.

Unfortunately the community is unable to assist you with issues such as this where an old provider used Cloudflare for SaaS. Please contact your old provider and ask them to remove any Cloudflare configurations for your domain, specifically SSL for SaaS / Custom Hostnames. If you don’t know who that is, you previously used HubSpot, or they say they can’t help you then please let us know.

Hi @domjh

So the issue is with the hosting of the Wordpress hosting and I need to contact them to remove any cloudflare config/?

It depends who your previous host was. If they also used Cloudflare then they probably haven’t properly released your domain.

Hi there, i have re-opened the ticket and responded based on my investigation. We await your response on the ticket.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.