Cannot publish to workers.dev with free account

I have followed the tutorial for workers.
installed required files.
created a site with wrangler - it created a local site on my c drive.
when I try to publish tells me I need workers unlimited which is PAID account.
Have I missed something or is this the worst documentation I have come accross in 20 years of web development.

Documentation says it needs to be a paid plan, probably due to KV only being available with the subscription.

NOT using workers KV at ALL
Mike

Publish To Workers.Dev

With the workers_dev key in wrangler.toml set to true , Wrangler will publish your project to your workers.dev subdomain.

# wrangler.toml

name = "my-worker"
account_id = "$yourAccountId"
type = "webpack"
workers_dev = true

Now, run:

wrangler publish

This does not work

Also I am NOT using worker SITES
Mike

Tell me anywhere on here where it mentions.
paid for account required.

No KV
No workers sites
JUST workers.dev

It was the toml file that was generated by wrangler had a config setting for worker SITES so when publishing threw the error. The documentation for working with workers.dev is appalling to say the least, a lovely person called Nena was very helpful in getting to the bottom of it. However even after that no matter what I do I am encountering error after error. As soon as I try ANYTHING other than hello word I get errors. If I get wrangler to generate my-app with default hello world all is well, if I try to do ANYTHING else including speed test example or just change the js file in any way there is error after error. I have sent Nena all the screenshots and explanations. All I wanted to do was see if it was viable for our company to use cloudflare - I think I have the answer. Life is difficult enough - I NEVER EVER spent so much time just trying to display a simple page on the internet not even in 1996 when I knew nothing.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.