Cannot get site/domain to work without www

Hello Cloudflare community:

Currently I have my domain forwarded to my Google Pages site.

The problem is that it does not work without “www”

Can you provide help?

Thank you!!

Do you have an A or cname record called martelcoaching.com?

I see an nxdomain error which indicates to me you do not.

When you see the error DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN, it means a domain cannot be resolved because of an issue with the DNS servers, the domain name is newly registered, or the domain is not yet registered at all. First verify the domain is pointed to Cloudflare name servers. If not, contact your domain registrar and ask that they point the domain to your Cloudflare nameservers and wait an appropriate amount of time for DNS propagation to take effect.

If you’re still seeing issues after name server propagation takes effect, review other successful troubleshooting suggestions in this Community Tip. Let us know if you continue to see issues after trying these tips, we’re happy to help further.

Check quickfix idea 4 in the above tip

Thanks for your reply. I do not have an “A” record, but I have a “CNAME” to ghs.googlehosted.com (proxy status: DNS Only)

Can you advise what I should do so that my site can be reached without using the “www” prefix in the URL?

Thank you!

1 Like

Easy peasy.

2 Likes

Thank you! That seemed to work. I am presently having my Cloudflare domain forwarded to my Google Sites webpage, because I had trouble properly connecting the domain. Is that ok, or should I try again to properly connect the domain?

Can you rephrase the question? The use of a CNAME like you have configured is the correct way to configure a custom hostname for use with your Google Site.

Thank you again for your follow up. To clarify, because I have my Cloudflare domain forwarded/redirected to my Google Pages Website, my concern is that it will not be searchable by Google. Is this correct?

That will not prevent Google from indexing your site. Questions about Google Search will probably get better answers in the respective Google Community.

Google Search Community

1 Like

Thanks again for your insight!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.