Cannot get email working since moving to Cloudflare - what are the correct settings under DNS?

Hi,
I am new here and trying out Cloudflare. I have just one (hopefully small) problem to resolve. Since pointing my dns to Cloudflare I can no longer send or receive emails from any of my devices. I can still do both tasks via Cpanel. I think the problem is I don’t know what needs to be added into the 2 boxes within the CLoudflare DNS management.

So far I have deleted the existing mail references and contacted my host provider for the MX details. They told me that these are the settings they use and to contact you to see what they should look like to work correctly on CLoudflare:

@ MX 10 mail.mysite.com

So in your DNS settings I selected the type MX and in the first box added @ and the second box mail mysite com

For the second one I added * in the first box and mail mysite com in the second one

I chose 10 for both in the other field.

Sorry I am only allowed to put 2 links in here so that is why I have removed the dots out of the mail bit.

What am I doing wrong?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Here are the usual culprits:

1 Like

Hi sdayman,

thank you for responding. I have attached a screen shot to show you my settings. Obviously they have my correct IP and website name replaced with demos:

cloudflaredns|690x189

I have 3 A records and 1 MX record do they look correct?

0 Likes

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes