Cannot figure out how to Reverse Proxy

Basically this is what I want to do.
port localhost:1624–>port:80 / localhost (no port input) → nginx -->Cloudflare domain
I bought a domain from hostinger and want to host my gaming server webfront on my domain. My webfront can currently be accessed here http://155.138.141.186:1624/

I have a server running on a Vultr VPS.
How do I go about doing this? I have looked at everything but I am stuck. Here are some links that may help someone else
Links:
Reverse Proxy regarding webfront- Login not possible behind reverse proxy · Issue #208 · RaidMax/IW4M-Admin · GitHub

Webfront Doc - Configuration · RaidMax/IW4M-Admin Wiki · GitHub

Basecontroller relevant to first link - IW4M-Admin/BaseController.cs at release/pre · RaidMax/IW4M-Admin · GitHub

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Kindly, may I suggest looking at the article from below to check for supported and compatible ports with Cloudflare proxy mode :orange: for bot HTTP and HTTPS:

If you can, change and adapt the port, or proxy to a different one, it would be great.

Otherwise, if it’s listening on port 80, it should work fine with Cloudflare. But, over the non-secured (HTTP) and in this case you should disable SSL at Cloudflare → which I really do not recommend to do.

Rather, fix that by adding and installing a valid SSL certificate at your origin host/server and make sure to switch to the Full (Strict) SSL at Cloudflare dashboard.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. The guy who created the service says he uses Cloudflare + IIS. If I’m right ISS is just an alternative to nginx? And Cloudflare is to host the cert?

How do I go about forwarding this to my domain? Through nginx → Cloudflare?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.