Cannot delete a KV key from panel

Hi :slight_smile:

I wanted to delete a key from a KV store, but the delete link (“Elimina”) is disabled. This is pretty strange!

I’m logged in as super administrator and I remember I was able to do so time ago. Did anything change?

Hello,

Hi :slight_smile:

thanks for the fast response! By the way I want to delete a single key, not a bulk deletion.

I managed to do so via API, but I was wondering why the delete link was disabled :thinking:

You need to report that to support. I have that issue as well, which has been hard to debug, more users reporting could help.

1 Like

Hi @delphaber (and @adaptive),

Two possible reasons that the “delete” function would be disabled in the UI:

1. You don’t have KV delete permission – but you said you were super-admin, so that doesn’t seem right.
  2. Your namespace was created a very long time ago (before mid-2019), and is subject to certain backwards-compatibility hacks that are not supported in the UI. In this case, you’ll either have to stick with the API, or you will need to create a new namespace and migrate your data over. In the new namespace, deletion should work.

#2 here arises because we try really hard to make sure that updates never break a worker that is live in production. In the early days of KV we had some inconsistency around how we implemented URL encoding of key names, which unfortunately we couldn’t fix without potentially breaking people if they were inadvertently relying on the bug. So we had to mark old namespaces as keeping the old, broken behavior, and apply the new, better behavior to new namespaces.

5 Likes

It definetely reason #2 :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.