Cannot deactivate APO cannot find support

I have an open ticket for the issue 15 days. The cloudflare support team stopped replay 7 days after the first question.
I had a paid subscription and APO in armyvoice.gr. I decided to return to free for a while. It supposed not to have APO in free account, but in my case APO is running.
In https://dash.cloudflare.com/***/mydomain.com/speed/optimization and in wordpress admin > settings>clouflare>home , it is written " Note: APO runs against the following list of hostnames:
mydomain.com, www.mydomain.com "
however i only have the button “purchase”. So i have not the button on/off.

I open a ticket and I have this dialogue

• Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support. My name is Seiya, and I’m looking into this for you now.
    We’re sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulties.

To narrow down your issue, are you able to purge cache first?

Best regards,

armyvoicegr

• 15 days ago

I have been purging cache all day long yesterday without results

Seiya Tanaka

• 14 days ago

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support.

Did you delete APO at your origin?

Best regards,

armyvoicegr

• 14 days ago

I removed cloudflare plugin

armyvoicegr

• 14 days ago

No Certificates at the origin server

armyvoicegr

• 14 days ago

I contacted the my host and their answer was: Can you once check with Cloudflare about this header? I am not seeing any such settings on the server which can cause this?

armyvoicegr

• 14 days ago

I don’t understand why apo is still active

After many days with no answer I totally removed cloudflare from the website.

Then I had the first answer from the cloudflare team

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cloudflare support.

First, I am sorry it took us so long to get a response back to you. We are currently experience a high demand for our pro services and it causing us to have delayed responses.

I checked the site armyvoice.gr and am not seeing the APO headers anymore. Although I am also showing that the zone armyvoice.gr is no longer active on Cloudflare.

I am sorry to see you had to leave Cloudflare to get the APO removed due to a lack of response time on this ticket. If you decide to come back to Cloudflare and need any assistance, please let me know and I can look to see why APO was not disabling.

Regards,

armyvoicegr

• 8 days ago

• I found an unresolved similar case in the forum, so maybe it is a good idea to check anyway why this happens when someone decide to leave APO

Evan

• 7 days ago

Hi,

We would be happy to look into it. Do you have a link to the forum for the case mentioning the same issue?

Regards,

armyvoicegr

• 6 days ago

Here is the link Cannot Disable APO

• 6 days ago

Tonight I did a small test - I re-activated armyvoice.gr on cloudflare and… APO is active again!

armyvoicegr

• 3 days ago

After 12 days do you have any news on the issue?

armyvoicegr

• 2 days ago

After 13 days do you know something about the issue?

armyvoicegr

• 11 hours ago

15 days since the first post. do you have any news?

What do you suggest me? Notice that I am not tech familiar

Take a look in your Billing profile at dash.Cloudflare.com. Check to see if it is still listed in Subscriptions where you should be able to Cancel it.

@laurie is also very good about checking on Billing issues.

1 Like

I don’t have billing enabled

I’m going to also flag @yevgen because this is certainly a unique situation. It sounds like you had Pro Plan which includes free APO, but you downgraded to the Free Plan and APO stayed active.

1 Like

exactly! I had pro plan and downgraded to free, but APO is still active and causes problems, because after every post I have to purge cache otherwise, is not posted on amp pages or on google news

Our billing integration is far from perfect, this issue happened in the past.

I can suggest the following options:

you need to pass: enabled: false to switch it off.

• contact support (which hasn’t resolved the issue), so probably not an option at this point

• subscribe to APO on the Free plan (costs 5$ per month), then disable APO in UI, finally cancel subscription (you should get prorate of unused days, basically 4.9X$ back).

5 Likes

Thank you very much! I was ready to reactivate the subscription in order to resolve the issue, but last 8a days I didn’t have any news from the support team in the open ticket, so I was not able to decide

Thank you very much @yevgen, @ sdayman !!
Issue resolved

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.