Cannot Create a Page Rule for a Cyrillic Url that is Encoded to More Than 300 symbols

Hi Team,

I have a popular blog post that I really need to cache with Cloudflare to ensure that it is always online. I want to set up a page rule, however the link is in cyrilic and it is transformed into 316 symbols, so I cannot really do anything. Can anyone help me with this? I really need to make use of the always online functionality for that specific page. Here is the link:

Best regards,
Atanas

Hi Atanas, using an online translation, this translates to 11-formulas-of-excel-which-to-start-to-use-now, can you copy edit the title (and url) to something like “11-formulas-of-excel-to-use-now” to get it under the 300 character limit? (I understand/suspect this will shift the problem and introduce forwarding issues…)

@bgexcel.qa, not sure it will work but have you tried entering the URL as-is without the URL encoded characters?
https://bgexcel.info/?qa=203/11-формули-на-ексел-които-да-започнете-да-използвате-сега

@cloonan, any chance to get that limit lifted/raised to a number to take non-latin characters into account?

1 Like

Thanks for the input, @sandro, this definitely worked! Clever suggestion that i haven’t thought about!

1 Like

Hi @sandro, +1, have made a note to pass that suggestion to product management.

Thanks for your input @cloonan. This idea totally makes sense, as it is likely that more people also have a similar issue in future.

@cloonan Do you have any update on this? Is the limit still 300 characters?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.