Cannot activate Cloudflare

Hello, I tried to activate Cloudflare via Siteground hosting, but when I try that, it says

“Failed to activate Cloudflare for musicgearo.com . Cloudflare is already activated for this domain under a different account.”

I have only 1 account for the Cloudflare, but I removed that from there so there is nothing. They are still saying that I have it integrated somewhere but I don’t have any other accounts for the Cloudflare… how to fix that please ?

Hi @amusicgearo,

Did you enable Cloudflare through a previous web host’s panel before?

You could add your site directly to Cloudflare rather than through Site ground, if you haven’t had it set up through another host before and stil want to go through Siteground’s setup, you will need to contact support which may take some time.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. Please give Support the complete details and link to your Community post and share the ticket number here. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

Okay, I did that. Here is the ticket number: 1869298

Also, I remember as I enabled the Cloudflare via Ezoic (Ad Network - Not a Web Hosting) before, but it’s deactivated now. Maybe this would be the issue ? Could you check it for me if I will provide you with the domain name and all required details ?

I have exact same issue like below, where I have Cloudflare activated in a different account… please how can I figure out what account I’m using ? I’m practically locked out because I know only one account for Cloudflare, and in this account it’s empty and domain is missing there. It’s just saying " You currently don’t have any websites.".

How could I detect and remove activation from Cloudflare? Reason is that I want to activate CF via my hosting… thanks

Thank you.

The community don’t have access to your account and we can’t look to see other activations or remove them. It may take a couple of days for a response on your ticket, and they should be able to help you resolve it.

okay cool, that’s fine. thanks

1 Like

still didn’t get help on this subject

Sorry, the community can’t see your submitted tickets, it may take longer at the moment, especially on the free plan.

Hi @amusicgearo, the site is not active directly with cloudflare:

$ dig ns musicgearo.com +short
ns2.gnld1015.siteground.eu.
ns1.gnld1015.siteground.eu.

If the site is active on a partner setup, you need to remove it from the partner setup and/or change the nameservers with your domain registrar to those assigned to you in your Cloudflare account, after you select +Add a Site to cloudflare and add it to your cloudflare account. Sorry for the issues you’re facing.

Ok, fixed… There must be some bug because I’m not using CF on any other site / or with any partner… So after I changed the nameservers, it started working properly

1 Like

Perfect, thank you @amusicgearo, looks good:

$ dig ns musicgearo.com +short
hadlee.ns.cloudflare.com.
kianchau.ns.cloudflare.com.

And, internally the site shows as active.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.