Cannot access log-in page/multiple IP addresses

Hi all,

I’m new to learning about CDN and Cloudflare. Currently, I use Ezoic (ad network) for my blog and Ezoic uses Cloudflare.

So, here’s my problem:

When I go to bestofarkansassports.com/wp-admin, I am sent into a constant loop of repeated attempts. I cannot actually sign into the back end of my own site. It’s been this way since Friday late morning. It’s like I’m stuck in a glitch.

Steps taken to try to resolve:

1. I went back and forth with Ezoic and my host, Bluehost. The bottom line is that we got all the [Ezoic IP addresses whitelisted](Find the link with all the IP addresses by searching on “support Ezoic and origin errors and other error messages”)
  2. The Bluehost tech built a staging site to determine whether the issue was on the server side or the CDN side. The staging site worked perfectly and I was able to sign onto the staging site log-in page with no problems.

He then pointed out that I have a single domain IP address, but that there are many many IPs on my domain currently:

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/bestofarkansassports.com

He said to fix the problem I need to:

a) contact Cloudflare and ask them to provide a static IP and update the static IP on the name server provider.

(The domain could also be pointed back to the server IP 50.87.248.135 so that the issue will be resolved, he added).

My first question: Is this an issue on the Cloudflare end? If not, why not? I don’t know enough to know if his creation of the staging site was an effective method of troubleshooting.

If this is a Cloudflare issue, what’s the next step I should take? (I’m not sure how to email support if I’m only a user through Ezoic).

Hi @edemire,

You seem to be on a Cloudflare partner CNAME setup through Ezoic, however in their support docs they state that they only support integration when using Cloudflare’s nameservers, not through a CNAME.

They also state that you can contact [email protected] for help with configuring that.

I also don’t think this can be due to Cloudflare because your nameservers point to Ezoic and Cloudflare isn’t handling your DNS.

When accessing bestofarkansassports.com/wp-admin/, I get a database error, but when I try to access www.bestofarkansassports.com/wp-admin/ I get redirected to a different domain with a sign on page (a URL on box1135.temp.domains).

Just a note, if the CNAME setup is supported, it will only work on www, not on your root domain.

Ok, I will try tell Ezoic and Bluehost what you’ve told me and try to figure it out better using info on that Ezoic integration page. Do you suspect this is more an issue on the Ezoic or Bluehost end?

A related issue is that when I try to access the below link I get the attached 520 error.

It notes that the error is b/t Cloudflare and the origin web server, and that I should submit the Ray ID.

Does this info help troubleshoot the issue at all?

I see the 520 on www.bestofarkansassports.com which is going through Cloudflare and an internal server error on bestofarkansassports.com which isn’t going through Cloudflare.

I thought the issue before was most likely to be on Ezoic’s end as they control your DNS and it seems to be them who you configured the CNAME setup through. However, the web server errors may be likely to come from Bluehost.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help, but here is some info on a 520:

A 520 error occurs when the connection started on the origin web server, but that the request was not completed. The most common reason why this would occur is that either a program, cron job, or resource is taking up more resources than it should causing the server not to be able to respond to all requests properly.

Review the Quick Fix Ideas in this Community Tip for troubleshooting suggestions.