Can Zaraz handle Google Consent Mode?

Hi, we are considering implementing Zaraz. The preferred route would be to also use the CMP functionality of Zaraz. However Google now starts enforcing Consent Mode. This means we need to comply with this as an advertiser.

Zaraz is not a certified CMP according to Google. However a manual implementation also should be possible. This requires using the Google Tag Gtag.js. When I add this Cloudflare says “it looks like you are trying to implement Google Tag Manager”. However this is not the case. GTM is different than the Gtag.js implementation. However the same domain is referenced in the script (googletagmanager.com)

Does anybody have experience with setting up Zaraz, CMP, Gtag.js and the new Consent Mode?

4 Likes

Did you ever find a solution here? I am have the same issue.
I am trying to setup cookiebot.com service, but it semes cloudflare is also manipulating the DOM and seting cookies which Cookiebot cant control.

I opted for Tag Manager for now. I will wait for further development of Zaraz. Will check back in a few months.

Cloudflare does support consent mode now. Google Consent Mode · Cloudflare Zaraz docs

1 Like