Can we have more than 1 wildcard SSL?

I am trying to self host a website, I’m using a load balancer called Kemp and a wildcard SSL from Cloudflare. I finally have an understanding of how Kemp uses SSL. I registered a garbage URL for testing purposes to see if I could even make it work. Now that I have been able to make it work, I want to use my real websites URL and ditch the slow host I’ve been wasting money on all this time. Am I able to have more than 1 free wildcard SSL with Cloudflare? If not, can I throw away the garbage URL I setup for testing and use my real URL in it’s place to get wildcard SSL?

Thank you for any help you can offer

What is the wildcard certificate you are referring to?

Cloudflare provides a root + wildcard subdomain certificate (example.com, *.example.com) for each zone. You also get unlimited origin certificates, valid only for origins behind Cloudflare as it’s only trusted by Cloudflare themselves, that users don’t visit directly.

I’m not sure. I have a url of “thingstestsite.de” and I’m using Kemp load balancer. I have thingstestsite.de as my main webpage and other sites like phpmyadmin.thingstestsite.de to get to another VM on my server. I don’t want to use thingstestsite.de because it has a bad name and nobody goes to .de sites. I want to move my things4thinkers.com url over to Cloudflare and set it up so I can also setup sites like phpmyadmin.things4thinkers.com. I have no idea what certificate I have, I followed this tutorial by network Chuck and got the Cloudflare SSL the way he said to do it. It was from this video: you need to learn Load Balancing RIGHT NOW!! (and put one in your home network!) - YouTube

All the subdomains you listed here are covered under the standard certificate. Just don’t do www.subdomain.example.com, or similar, and you’ll be fine.

The second domain will need to be added as a new zone, and that will get you a new certificate for it :slight_smile:

Just make sure you have SSL on the origin as well, and set the SSL Mode to Full (Strict).

Awesome, thank you so much. This is how it looks on my dashboard

1 Like

That’s perfect! I always doubt YouTube tutorials…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.