Can we change the DNS servers of a domain registered with Cloudflare?

Hello,

As it’s my first post on the community, I want to say thank you for the great service and I’m really impressed with its capabilities and the engineers working on this large project. Kudos !

To get back to the question, I have seen in a post on the community that someone was asking in 2019 if there’s a way to point the domain that was moved to Cloudflare to a different DNS server (in that case was for Afternic or similar sale landing page) and at that moment it wasn’t possible, and I cannot seem to find the option today, except to create custom name servers (but you need to have the Business plan $200/month).

So, I’m asking it again, is there a way to change the DNS servers of a domain that is currently registered through Cloudflare ? or we are just locked in and the discounted price we get while using Cloudflare as a registrar is in fact locking us into this system. Hopefully there’s a way to change the DNS servers if we want/need to otherwise it’s just a bad idea to start moving domains here (already did with couple of domains but haven’t realised till now that it might be a huge mistake move them all).

Thank you and wish you all the best.

Dan

Sorry, domains registered here are still locked into Cloudflare name servers.

1 Like

Oh, that’s not good, I was really hoping to use Cloudflare as my main registrar but this is a big concern and limitation.

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.