Can I use CloudFlare with Minio Object Storage?

I’m thinking to add my domain to CloudFlare. My domain doesnt point to a website. I dont have a website but I have an Object Storage app (like Amazon S3).

I pointed my subdomain to my server(Object storage).

For example: storage.mydomain.com goes to my storage server.

But when I read cloudflare, they always says a website.

My question is: "İf I add my domian to cloudflare, Can my storage server take the benefits of CloudFlare services? Like CDN? Does CloudFlare CDN cache objects in my server?

Edit: this is example address for the objects in my minio storage:

storage.mydomain.com:9000/mybucket/my_image.jpeg

İ created an A record for storage subdomain. And pointed to my server ip.
Does cloud flare cache this image and server it when it requested by second time?

Sorry for my language. English is not my native language.

The first problem is that it looks like you want to use Cloudflare just as a CDN for your images. That is not allowed in section 2.8 in Terms of Service:

Cloudflare also does not proxy traffic on Port 9000.

1 Like

i understand. Thank you.

1 Like

So if it doesn’t proxy port 9000, then it’s also meaningless for using cloudflare for firewall etc? Am i right? But what if i do port forwarding in server? İnstead of requesting port 9000, users request https port and server forward to that port to 9000?

For example instead of using mydomain.com:9000, users will use just mydomain.com

Does cloud flare proxy now? Can I use firewall etc?

Edit: i just want to reduce spam requests. Can cloudflare free plan can make that?

2.8 Limitation on Serving Non-HTML Content

The Service is offered primarily as a platform to cache and serve web pages and websites. Unless explicitly included as a part of a Paid Service purchased by you, you agree to use the Service solely for the purpose of serving web pages as viewed through a web browser or other functionally equivalent applications and rendering Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or other functional equivalents. Use of the Service for serving video (unless purchased separately as a Paid Service) or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content, is prohibited.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.