Can I use Cloudflare WARP to protect myself when using public Wi-Fi?

I work remotely and previously hosted my own VPN server to protect my internet traffic when I use public Wi-Fi hotspots. Now I don’t want to spend money on hosting my own VPN server and I think I could use Cloudflare WARP or subscribe to WARP+ to instead.

I don’t need to disguise myself to be in another country, I just need to be sure that using public Wi-Fi hotspots will always be safe for me.

Is this achievable with Cloudflare WARP?

Hiding my real public IP can be a plus, as I see when I connect to Cloudflare WARP, my public IP changed to Cloudflare’s datacenter IP instead.

If I subscribe to WARP+, what are the benefits over the free WARP? Just the faster speed or is there something else behind the scene? Is WARP+ available on PC? I received some free WARP+ data from referring some friends but how to apply to PC as well?

Thanks.

I don’t need to disguise myself to be in another country, I just need to be sure that using public Wi-Fi hotspots will always be safe for me.

It’s gonna protect the traffic, meaning whatever data gets in or out of your computer. It won’t protect you from any other risks such as somebody on the same wifi connecting your computer if there was any vulnerability that allows it.

Hiding my real public IP can be a plus, as I see when I connect to Cloudflare WARP, my public IP changed to Cloudflare’s datacenter IP instead.

Your IP isn’t hidden. Cloudflare would send it to any Cloudflare-proxied web, you can check https://ifconfig.co that’s Cloudflare-proxied.

If I subscribe to WARP+, what are the benefits over the free WARP? Just the faster speed or is there something else behind the scene? Is WARP+ available on PC? I received some free WARP+ data from referring some friends but how to apply to PC as well?

Free WARP = limited data transfer
WARP+ Ulimited = unlimited data transfer

FWIW this won’t be the case in the near future.

Even better! Thanks for the inside info :sunglasses: let me know when so I get some NET shares beforehand.

Thanks for the replies.

Your IP isn’t hidden. Cloudflare would send it to any Cloudflare-proxied web

I tried that and my public IP changed when connected to WARP as reported by ifconfig website. That website has Cloudflare SSL certificate hence it is proxied behind Cloudflare. Maybe what you said isn’t the case anymore?

When checking my IP at a non-Cloudflare website but still Cloudflare’s IP (I can’t post link)