Can I use Cloudflare for Teams for my home network?

I want to use Cloudflare for Teams for my home network to protect my family against adult content, I already put it the IP addresses on my router (172.64.36.1, 172.64.36.2) in both LAN and WAN, I created policies to block adult content, but it doesn’t seem to work, most popular adult sites are not being filtered.

Do I have to add all devices (phones, laptops, tvs, video-games) from home in this My Team Tab?

Or Cloudflare for Teams is just for organizations?

Am I missing something here?

Cloudflare have actually a specific DNS IPs to block adult content (for families), have you tried using 1.1.1.3 or 1.0.0.3?

On other side, I’m using Cloudflare Teams at my home network, but instead using DNS-over-HTTPS due to my ISP using dynamic IPs.

Yes, I was using Cloudflare for family (1.0.0.3) but I want more control for blocking adult content, then I’ve heard Cloudflare for Teams, I would like something more restricted here at my home.

Is anything showing up in your Gateway Log?

Yes, its showing

I was testing Cloudflare for Families, CleanBrowsing and OpenDNS, I just changed the DNS on the router, and it works, but I wanted more control, this is why I’m trying to setup Cloudflare for Teams, but is not working.

Do you guys know what it could be?

Give this a try:
https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/policies/filtering/dns-policies/categories#test-a-policy

Now I understand the problem, Cloudflare for Teams is blocking adult content, but not blocking for Google, Bing and other search engines, but then I activated the Safe Seach policy

Now search engines is not showing adult content !

Without this policy, search engines are going to show adult sites, images etc., but cannot access them directly.

Thanks to all of you!

3 Likes