Can i connect my website to cloudflare. I havent buyed an SSL certificate

I have made my new website and i havent buyed an SSL certificate i want to install a free certificate from cloudflare. Please tell me the steps how can i do that. Also please tell me how can i verify my domain in my hosting by txt record. My hosting company is Hostinger.

Then stop now and do that first. Your site needs to be secure on HTTPS before you added it to Cloudflare.

1 Like

but i want a free ssl from cloudflare what are the steps

You do realise that most certificates are free these days, don’t you?

You can get a certificate from Cloudflare but you still need to install it on your server anyhow, so you can also go with Let’s Encrypt.

Thats what i am telling you how can i install it on my server free of cost

Step 1: Visit https://www.google.com
Step 2: Type “hostinger install cloudflare origin cert” and search
Step 3: Your result should be “How to install Cloudflare Origin certificate on Hostinger”
Step 4: Click on it
Step 5: Follow the steps on the website to add your FREE SSL certificate.

It says error
Failed to validate requested hostname *.indesign6.com: This zone is either not part of your account, or you do not have access to it. Please contact support if using a multi-user organization. (Code: 1010)

That’s what I explained already yesterday.

Because your domain is not yet active. But yes, an Origin certificate is a good start.

First activate your domain, then get that very certificate.

See first of all you are telling me to add a domain and verify it on cloud flare even if i have changed the name servers it is not able to verify its been 3 days and. when i asked why it is unable to verify you told me that first i have to install a ssl certificate on my server but to install ssl certificate on origin server like you told yesterday the domain should point to cloudflare so the process depends upon each other. first to verify domain and then only i will be able to install origin server ssl on my website

Ok so you told me to first activate y domain. then tell me how to activate y domain in cloudflare its says it is not active yet

For that very reason I suggested to get a Let’s Encrypt certificate, as you don’t need the domain active for that. If you ask for help, you do need to follow the advice given.

So which certificate do you want now? I’d still suggest to get a Let’s Encrypt certificate, as it is more versatile.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.