Can I add Multiple SMTP CNAME Records To My DNS

Hi, I hope you are doing well. I would like to know if it’s possible to add DNS CNAME records from multiple SMTP providers to the same domain DNS records? Why is this CNAME record not being proxied on my DNS server?
CNAME
Name: ksf6tlmriju246fnhnwb6ifmrwytlegu._domainkey.tsdigitalmarketing.com
Value: ksf6tlmriju246fnhnwb6ifmrwytlegu.dkim.amazonses.com
Can you help?

A DKIM record is intended to provide information to a receiving MTA. Proxy/obfuscation would break the record / intent of the data.

So after my domain has been verified can I remove the DNS records used to verify? Then verify for another SMTP?

You cannot remove DKIM records as long as they are in use. These records are not verifying domain control. When that provider sends email from your domain it will be signed with a secret key. That signature, as well as the selector used to sign the mail will be contained in the emails metadata. The recipient fetches the DKIM record specified by the selector, and can verify the signature. If you delete the record that verification will fail.

In this case, the AWS verify interface is verifying that you created the records correctly.

But you can create an almost unlimited number of DKIM records, so long as each selector is unique. (The selector is the bit in front of _domainkey).

On my own primary domain I have DKIM records from a number of providers, they do not clash.

1 Like

Hi Michael I hope you are safe and well. Thank you Michael for your response. So here’s my problem I have added TXT Records and MX records to verify for Mailgun. I would also like to verify the same domain for AWS AES. I have created the identity at AWS but my Cloudflare DNS won’t allow me to add the required 3 CNAME Records for verification. Is there a way that you know to add both SMTPs to my domain DNS records in Cloudflare? Can you help?

Thank you,
Tony

What do you mean by “Cloudflare DNS won’t allow me to add the required 3 CNAME Records”?

Each one should be different. You just create a new CNAME record for each one pointed at the provided canonical name in the amazonses.com zone.

Also. Can anyone show me how to use the AWS SES CNAME Records in my DNS? This is an example of the format:

CNAME Name: ks-------------------------------._domainkey.websitename.com Value: ks--------------------------------------------.dkim.amazonses.com

Thanks for your help?

Hi Michael I hope you are safe and well. Thank you Michael for your response. So here’s my problem I have added TXT Records and MX records to verify for Mailgun. I would also like to verify the same domain for AWS AES. I have created the identity at AWS but my Cloudflare DNS won’t allow me to add the required 3 CNAME Records for verification. Is there a way that you know to add both SMTPs to my domain DNS records in Cloudflare? Can you help?

Thank you,
Tony

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.