Caching behave differently on test and live server

I have added my site on Cloudflare.
There’s also one subdomain of it. It’s for testing purposes. I have added both on Cloudflare. and didn’t set any configuration for any particular domain or subdomain still cf-cache-status for the main domain is HIT/BYPASS and the cf-cache-status for subdomain is DYNAMIC. I don’t know why it’s different on both domain though I haven’t set any different configuration.

Please let me know if anyone know anything about it.
Thank you!

Hi @rohit.optimumbrew,

Can you check that any page rules you have configured to change the default caching behaviour also cover the subdomain?

Hi @domjh
I have checked. I didn’t add any page rule

Can you give a sample URL on the test and live site for the same resource that’s showing different headers?

@domjh

The Date header looks correct on both.

As far as caching, it looks like you have APO enabled on the live site, but not the test site. Not a surprise, as most people won’t do that. I believe the plugin page will tell you which hostnames it’s active on. If not there, then on the Speed → Optimization tab at dash.cloudflare.com

2 Likes

Is APO use for non-wordpress site also?
Because my site is not a wordpress site.

APO is for WordPress, so that’s a mystery why those headers are showing on your site. In your Cloudflare dashboard, is Automatic Platform Optimization enabled in the Speed → Optimization section?

Yes, Thank you @sdayman .
Your reply solved my problem.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.