Cache Reserve help

Hi,
I have a small website selling a few hundred products (opencart)
I’m 48 hours into using Cache Reserve

Cached assets are being copied to a storage bucket’ and only 10MB has been transferred,
Read operations 311
Write operations 266

Does anyone know how long process takes and
Does cloudflare auto crawl website for assets to cache or does it rely on traffic?

Any help would be great

Hello,

Happy to help answer your questions.

Does anyone know how long process takes and
Does cloudflare auto crawl website for assets to cache or does it rely on traffic?

Currently, when an asset is requested that is not in cache and is cacheable we will create a copy within cache reserve for the resource.

Below are some items that need to be true for this process to happen.

​​Cache Reserve asset eligibility

Not all assets are eligible for Cache Reserve. To be admitted into Cache Reserve, assets must:

If you have a specific URI that is not being cached I would verify the headers are set correctly, so the asset can be cached. If it is a dynamic asset you will need to configure a cache everything rule, so these assets can be cached.

Hi, thanks for reply
so for assets to be be stored in cache reserve they need to be requested first, are the assets then stored in the data center to where they were requested from or are they stored in all data center’s globally?.
I see that the only assets that have ‘content length’ on my website are image files, is there any work-around so that my css/js files will eligible for cache reserve?

Thanks