Cache increase

Hi, we were wondering if there is any way of increasing cache size without the cost of moving to Enterprise tier?

Hi there,

Take a look at:

Take care.

Hi, from what I can see this still is capped with a 512mb limit unless enterprise?

Graham Laidler

Chief Technology Officer

Viking Systems Ltd
t: +447968 472239

e: [email protected]

w: www.harbourassist.com

Hi there,

That’s the maximum size per asset, not total.
Are you planing on having larger than 512mb assets being served by http on your pages?

Just a shot in the dark here, but if it’s video you want, take a look at Cloudflare Stream:

Take care.

Hi, we are using cache to avoid origin hits for very specific api endpoints (e.g. /api/my-method?item-id=xxx&timestamp=xxxx).

These URLs are purged as the data in the system changes. Basically we’re caching seldom changing api data.

The reason I thought the 512Mb was across the cache was we were seeing cf-cache-status: MISS response headers even when we hadn’t purged anything, so our working assumption was that the cached url had be evicted.

What is the total storage limit on cloudflare’s cache for a given account/domain?

This is very likely. Cloudflare evicts assets from cache based on popularity. If your asset isn’t popular enough, it won’t stay in the cache.

Also, assets only get cached if they are requested twice within a relatively short time.

Apologies I failed to mention we have cache rules setting the TTL to be long-lived, so can’t think of another reason it would be evicted above storage?

The TTL doesn’t mean that assets are cached for that duration. It only means they aren’t cached longer.

Assets are evicted on popularity. If your asset has very low traffic, it simply isn’t viable for Cloudflare to cache. They’d rather use the memory/storage for more popular assets (this includes other websites).

Hi there,

Setting Edge Cache TTL is basically telling Cloudflare how long (maximum) is it okay to keep the assets in (and serve it from) Cloudflare’s cache.
We do eviction based on an algorithm called “least recently used” or LRU. This means that the least-requested content can be evicted from cache first, even before the age reached the Edge Cache TTL set.

Take care.