Bypass restricted access for phone apps

My little home server is protected by tunnels and access requiring an emailed code. I can access all the apps on the server as I have given each a sub domains to their ports. What an amazing system.

The problem is that I have a couple of apps on my phone (audiobookshelf & nextcloud) that will not connect as the logins give an error because (I assume ) they are redirected to cloudflareaccess. com.

Is there a way to bypass the access protection? I am no noob to cloudflare but please try not to get too technical or my head will explode.

2 Likes

I’m in exact same situation as you. Love the Cloudflare Access restrictions, but it breaks the ABS mobile app. I’m considering just having my ***.domain.com subdomain not be protected by Cloudflare Access but then it feels more exposed…. Did you figure out a solution?

also an audiobookshelf fan and had the same issue. I landed on creating a new Cloudflare Application (Under Access → Applications) that does not have the authentication requirement. So all the traffic still goes through Cloudflare, and I don’t have to open up any ports on my home router, and I can then share the abs.mydomain.com with friends, keep a consistent server address when i’m out and about or in my home network. It still has a login / pass, so I’m happy with this for all my security concerns balanced with flexibility and ease of sharing with others.

The lockdown app i have as *.mydomain.com (and contains all my other services that map to ports on my nas)
and the windtun-public I have as abs.mydomain.com and will add other services that will not be Cloudflare authenticated as needed in the future.

Hope the image attaches properly.

best of luck!