Bulk Redirects - "reached the limit of url matching items on the same source path"

I’ve got a pending case with support but no response from them for several days. Reaching out here in case anybody can provide guidance as I need to get this resolved.

I’m migrating a stack of individual page rules to bulk redirects. I’m well within the bulk redirect limits (1 of 15 rules used, 1 of 5 redirect lists and 15 of 500 items).

I’m trying to redirect legacy subdomains to a specific path in the root domain. The subdomains are ‘catch all’ so sub1.domain.com/anythingheredomain.com/sub1

I’ve got around 12 of these to import and doing it in bulk is failing, giving me the error -
“This account has reached the limit nubmer of url matching items on the same source path (/)”. I haven’t yet tried to do it manually.

I don’t know what the limit it’s referring to actually is, nor where to find what the relevant limit on my account is. Effectively, I’m attempting to cross a limit that I don’t know.

How do I find this info? I need to either understand the limit in order to pave the way forward or, if it’s an error, arrange to fix it.

Hey,

This is a known issue we found during the beta testing. We’re aiming to get a fix out by the end of this month.

The limit is referring to the value we consider as the URI Path, for example:

* www.exampleA.com/
* www.exampleB.com/
* www.exampleC.com/
* www.exampleD.com/

Would all have the same URI Path of ‘/’, meaning if you had 16 of these and wanted to add a 17th, you’d run into the bug. Same goes for more detailed URI paths, e.g.:

* www.exampleA.com/my-landing-page/here
* www.exampleB.com/my-landing-page/here
* www.exampleC.com/my-landing-page/here
* www.exampleD.com/my-landing-page/here

Would all have ‘my-landing-page/here’ as the URI Path, and again be limited to a maximum of 16 URL redirects with this path as the value in the ‘source URL’ field.

Best,
Sam

1 Like

Thank you.

Is there a way I can track the status so I know when the fix is live?

Tom

1 Like

Nothing public, no. If you have an account team at Cloudflare they can follow the internal ticket and notify you when it closes? If not i’d recommend watching this thread and I will make a note to comment here when it closes.

Best,
Sam

1 Like

Thanks Sam, I’ll watch it in thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey,

As promised, a quick update to let you know we have deployed a fix for this issue now. Please do let me know if you continue to see any issues :slight_smile: Happy redirecting!

Best,
Sam