The goal of this topic is to identify which options are available to achieve the desired result.
The desired result: I have many domain names, all of which are to be forwarded to a subdomain of one of them.
- example.com → www.example.com
- example.org → www.example.com
- example.net → www.example.com
- another.example → www.example.com
In addition, I want all subdomains forwarded, except the target, so:
- www.example.org → www.example.com
- www.example.net → www.example.com
- example.example.example.example → www.example.com
target = "www.example.com" if host != target: 301 "https://" + subdomains + target + path + "?" + query
I understand that there may be several available options for achieving redirects, but I’m not sure which of them can satisfy this level of wildcarding.
Candidate options I am considering:
Which, if any, of these options can be configured to forward based on a wildcard host match?