Bought Clouflare domain 4 days ago and DNS isn't propagating

I’ve set websites up before. This is not my first time.

It’s been 4 days. A records are set. DNS is not propagating.

I waited 48 hours before contacting customer support, as specified on the webpanel, only to be told to post here. Not cool.

The domain appears to be active…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?14101328a3fe433a9d3e02acb35e449f#dns

Can you show a screenshot of your DNS records? Check the two nameservers shown at the bottom of the DNS page are celeste.ns.cloudflare.com and drake.ns.cloudflare.com.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are trying to do, those resolve as you have set…

dig +short ns1.byet.org.slugrapport.com

dig +short ns2.byet.org.slugrapport.com

dig +short ns3.byet.org.slugrapport.com

If you are trying to set alternate nameservers, that requires NS records and only works for subdomains, not the domain. You can’t change the nameservers for a domain registered with Cloudflare.

If not that, what are you trying to do?

1 Like

Forgive my misunderstanding please. I am trying to point slugrapport.com to a webhosting company. They have provided the list of nameservers that are listed above.

I wish I could edit my response. I am simply trying to set up a basic website on third party hosting.

Ask the host to give you the A, AAAA or CNAME records needed to point your site at the hosting and add those to your Cloudflare DNS.

If they insist you use their nameservers, then you’ll have to wait the (ICANN mandated) 60 days and then transfer your domain from Cloudflare to another registrar.

1 Like

Their last paragraph tells you that you need their premium hosting to use a CNAME, or must use their nameservers. For the latter case, you will need to transfer your domain from Cloudflare.

1 Like

Is this not a standard and common normal use of a domain registrar? Sounds like I’m entirely ■■■■■■.

Cloudflare offers domain registration at cost as a benefit for customers. If you don’t/can’t use even Cloudflare’s free DNS service, then there’s no benefit to registering a domain with Cloudflare.

You are warned before purchasing the domain of the nameserver restriction…

1 Like

This is an extremely painful lesson from Cloudflare that I will not forget. Cloudflare should enable this functionality.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.