Both "you MUST change nameservers" AND "you CAN'T change nameservers"?

Confused.
When attempting to re-activate my idle domain tmorra(dot)xyz, which is now registered at Cloudflare.

Message says “Replace these name servers:”
chad(dot)ns(dot)Cloudflare(dot)com
dee(dot)ns(dot)Cloudflare(dot)com
“with Cloudflare’s name servers:”
alexis(dot)ns(dot)Cloudflare(dot)com
naomi(dot)ns(dot)Cloudflare(dot)com

But name server instructions on Cloudflare are all for other registrars, not for Cloudflare as registrar. Feedback from the community says I cannot change the nameservers, per contract. So how do I proceed, to get Cloudflare (= not me) to change them?

I tried removing tmorra.xyz completely from Cloudflare, waiting for a few days, then re-adding. No luck.
The site has been idle since 2019, I want to re-activate.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your domain name.

Before you transfered your domain name to Cloudflare Registrar, were you already using Cloudflare for your domain name and had Cloudflare nameservers? :thinking:

Otherwise, did you used some of the hosting providers like WPengine, eZoic, Hostinger, Kinsta, etc. which enabled Cloudflare for your domain name as an SaaS integrator?

Nevertheless, do you remember if DNSSEC was enabled before? :thinking:
I can see there is an issue with DS records.

May I ask you to re-check and if possible disable DNSSEC for your domain name through Cloudflare dashboard?

Kindly, I’d suggest you to write a ticket to Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue and share the ticket number here with us so we could escalate this issue:

• Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button. If you get automatic reply, reply and indicate to it you need more help and reference to this topic
  • Or send an an e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.