Bot verification pending for two months for Azure Application Insights availability tests

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?

Not related to a domain.

Have you searched for an answer?

Yes.

Please share your search results url:

When you tested your domain, what were the results?

Not related to a domain.

Describe the issue you are having:

I’ve submitted a bot verification request using the online application for Azure Application Insights’ availability tests exactly two months ago but didn’t get a reply, nor is the bot listed under https://radar.cloudflare.com/traffic/verified-bots. When can I expect an update?

The docs page says “using our old form, but the waiting time is up to several weeks”. However, I didn’t use the old form, and several weeks have already passed anyway.

What error message or number are you receiving?

We need this because otherwise, Azure Application Insights availability tests are failing, due to them eventually getting rejected by CF’s Bot Fight Mode.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Bot Fight Mode can be disabled, or a better option that we’ve taken is to use IP Access Rules to allow such requests. However, there you can only configure IP ranges with /16 and /24, not 27, 28, or 29 as Microsoft publishes for such IPs. This forces us to open up 8x to 32x more IPs than necessary.

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. Add Azure Application Insights availability tests for your site behind Cloudflare.
  2. Observe availability-checking requests eventually (within minutes) fail, due to CF rejecting them.

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?

Not related to browsers.

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

Not applicable.

Hi Zoltan –

I have confirmed that the bot team has the request in their backlog, but I don’t have any insights into when it will be addressed.

They also pointed to https://blog.cloudflare.com/configurable-super-bot-fight-mode/ which can help you exclude the bot from Super Bot Fight Mode.

–David Belson (Cloudflare Radar)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, David. Would you be able to give me at least an order of magnitude, though, so we can plan accordingly? Like, are we talking about weeks, months, years?

Super Bot Fight Mode looks good, thought it’s a Pro feature.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any guidance on how long it would take to address.

I see, thanks anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.