Bot fight & Observatory don't play well together

It seems that if I turn bot fight = ON then the observatory speed tests fail. Turn bot fight = OFF, they work. Has anyone else seen this? I’m using FREE mode.

Thanks

It’s a known issue, last I heard they were working on making it be excluded: Bug: Cloudflare's speed test blocked by "Bot fight"-Mode - #2 by sdayman

At the moment, your only option is to disable Bot Fight Mode. For what it’s worth, even Cloudflare’s docs don’t recommend enabling it when not under attack: FAQ · Cloudflare bot solutions docs

• BFM and SBFM are high security features intended to quickly help customers under active attack stop as many bots as possible. Due to the high security threshold, false positives do sometimes happen.
  • BFM has limited control. You cannot bypass or skip BFM using the Skip action in WAF custom rules or using Page Rules. BFM will be disabled if there are any IP Access rules present. If you turned on BFM during an attack, and the attack has subsided, we recommend either disabling the feature using IP Access rules to bypass BFM, or looking at Bot Management for Enterprise, which gives you the ability to precisely customize your security threshold and create exception rules as needed.
1 Like

Many thanks for the prompt & helpful reply - alles klar!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.