Bot fight mode... the <script> tag that gets added to the page has an uneccessary type="text/javascript", causing warnings on HTML validation

When Bot Fight Mode is turned on, it adds an in-line Javascript to all HTML pages and it looks like this

<script type="text/javascript">...stuff...</script>

While not strictly an error, the current standard (for HTML5) is to omit the type=“text/javascript” hence this is classified as a “warning” by the W3 HTML validator and other HTML validation tools

so when I run validation tests on my sites I get many, many warnings unless I turn off Bot Fight Mode temporarily

in fact, Bot Fight Mode adds TWO script tags to the page, but the other one correctly omits the type=“text/javascript”

this is what the other one looks like:

<script async src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/h/g/scripts/invisible.js?ts=1654732800'>

Cloudflare also adds a Beacon script (if that feature is turned on), and again, it correctly omits the type=“text/javascript”

<script defer src="https://static.cloudflareinsights.com/beacon.min.js.....

So we have multiple places where it’s done right and only one place where it’s done wrong

Is there anything that can be done about this?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.