Blogspot Setup

Hello! I’ve read many topics in the community but none of them seemed to help me.

I recently bought a domain and I am hosting my “Blogspot” website with the free Cloudflare plan. I set up my DNS with the four type A content from blogspot, and also the CNAME that blogspot provided me. I’ve changed the server names in my domain manager, as well as I’ve put the SSL/TLS in Flexible. But my website stills out of the internet! Every time I search for the domain (www.abbaccess.com), it does to the Virginmedia website and nothing shows up. Or if I got to the old domain and I redirect to the new domain, it just loads and loads and nothing happens. It’s a blank page. My website is out of the air for 10 days now and I don’t know what to do.

PS.: I have this notification saying: Add an MX record for your root domain so that mail can reach @ abbaccess.com addresses." What should I do about it?

Hi @carolina.mns.pereira, welcome. On the DNS app of the cloudflare dashboard, can you click the :grey: next to the first A record and the CNAME record called www to turn them :orange:?

Basically, I think Quick Fix items 3 & 4 are what you need to do, Community Tip - Fixing the DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error. Post back and let us know if that #CommunityTip helps.

You’ll probably what to do some configuration fine tuning (like I am not following why you have multiple A records), for that, good #Tutorials, This index post makes a good guide for what’s available, Community Tutorials. Let us know how you’re progressing.

I did what you asked me to do and now when I search for the domain this appears:

(EDIT: Now it says that it cannot find the server)

About the link you sent me with tips, what subdomain should I configure?

The multiple A records are the ones that google provide for blogspot and that’s what they tell us to add them.

Can you leave those two records as :orange:? They were proxied (:orange:) but then flipped back. This happened a few times.

You have the www record already, it just need to be clicked from :grey: to :orange: and left in that state.

Ah, got it and I see the records, thank you. You may want to :orange: all four of those.

I did it what you said now and this stills appearing…

Hi, thank you & I see the changes and the 1016 error and reviewed troubleshooting steps here, Community Tip - Fixing Error: 530 / Error: 1016 Origin DNS Error. Can you verify the contents of your A records and CNAME records are correct (steps 2 & 3 in the above link).

Hi! I fixed one of the CNAME and I followed what the links had… But the error 1016 Origin DNS stills appearing… In my Cloudflare account, there’s this notification:

I don’t have any email for my domain. Is this relevant to make it work?

If you don’t use Email for that domain, then you don’t need it. I add null MX records just to be sure.

2 Likes

Should I add null MX records then?

I managed to finally fix it! I corrected all the CNAME and also turned off in Blogger settings the HTTPS! Thank you everyone who tried to help :slight_smile:

1 Like