Blocked access when clicking on a manga website, why? Help me understand why?

"Why have I been blocked?
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

What can I do to resolve this?
You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 8867
Why have I been blocked?
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

What can I do to resolve this?
You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 886…
Your IP: (*******)
Performance & security by Cloudflare"

Please can someone explain to me why I am blocked by Cloudflare when clicking on “www.mangascan.net” when trying to read an online webtoon/manhwa and was told I am blocked due to security services deeming me harmful? I don’t understand, i am not some sort of person who is trying to harm anyone and I don’t understand why this is happening. I just wanted to read a manga I saw on youtube and searched the name, this site was the 3rd recommendation from the top, I clicked on it and it says that I am a security threat with harmful intent? This is very confusing and concerning for me? What did I do wrong? Is something wrong with my phone? Is there some sort of virus or something? I am not in IT nor do I understand computers/coding or any of that stuff and I am worried something is wrong with my things. Please help.

You aren’t being blocked by Cloudflare, but the site owner as they set the rules for access to their site. Maybe it was the way the request was made, or the IP address you were using at the time. As in the message you saw, you need to do this…

2 Likes

How do i get ahold of the site owner to let them know? I dont use any other ip than the one that came with my device so it is weird to me that a site deems me a threat, if the site owner is blocking people accidentally they might be blcoking a lot of others who just wanted to read manga and might not even know their settings are doing it, i would love to help them and others by letting them know about it however they didn’t leave any email address to contact or anything and I can’t let them know if they don’t provide me with any way to do that.

I am very glad that it isn’t Cloudflare because i use another sites that also uses Cloudflare verification and they haven’t blocked me ever so i almost thought all of the manga sites i love will now block me and wanted to resolve the issue since i read a lot and was worried i can’t log onto vymanga anymore too hahaha. I’m happy this isn’t the case. I love that site and it is pretty good so would have been devastated if i was branded as a harmful person on google for no reason.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.