Becarefull with Cloudflare and SSL

Becareful with Cloudflare! I lost nearlly all my google rankings since cloudflare switched the “edge Certificates” from my websites without any notifications.

Also on all social medias since cloudflare switched you will see no more previews(OG: or TWITTER:) from your website anymore.

On diffirent devices with other setups(os/browsert ype) you will get an ssl error as well.

Support system as free user is also bad and since Cloudflare is public as a stock their services are getting worse and worse.

Nice work Cloudflare, thanks for crushing my company.

What is the error? Screenshot?

What is your site?

“SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP” on Linux/Firefox.

How can I remove fully my site? When I removing the website on cloudflare and add the website again all my settings are restored. Why? It seems pause and remove is excatly the same.

And since years cloudflare can’t fix the OCSP_basic_verify() bug as well.

What does https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest say for your site?

You can pause Cloudflare at any time by clicking “Pause Cloudflare on Site” at the bottom right of the Dashboard page of your website. This will go directly to your server, bypassing any Cloudflare SSL.

Thank you for your help mate!

The problem is that only one website got this letsencrypt cert from cloudflare as “Edge Certificates” and since then the site is dropping in google, ssl erros on diffirent os/browser types and on all social medias you don’t see the previews anymore…

this is the wrong or bad edge certificate from cloudflare and if you are curl the header from your website you get this error:

"curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: curl - SSL CA Certificates

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above."

and this is what every other website on my account have as edge certificate. I added this two websites at the same time and they both are from the same tld as well.

Does temporarily pausing Cloudflare fix the error?

Did you make sure to orange-cloud each site?

If the sites were recently added, that may explain the issue actually. I think it takes 24 hours for certificates to provision?

Also check out this post if the sites were newly added:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.