Banned zone... no idea

For years I have had the carhax. com domain intended for someday host a website geared towards car mod enthusiasts and similar people.

Domain was registered at name. com and parked at a shared hosting elsewhere and forgot about it for years until today where I wanted to consolidate 40 domains at the cloudflare registrar and no luck finding how to move carhax. com, thought I needed to add it to my cloudflare domains… decided to add it and got this message: “This zone is banned and cannot be added to Cloudflare at this time, please contact Cloudflare Support.”

So I was googling the reasons and some people said it was because it distributed illegal content, malware, spyware, etc…(maybe my shared hosting at some point got hacked and my parked website was compromised??) some other people said the reason for this bans are that your domain is engaged in child abuse (never) or that the name hax is shady and making a referral to hacking (not in that sense at all), another forum post said that maybe things related to child-geared content got banned (just discovered today what is roblox when googling the word carhax it was the first search term and that could be the erroneous child connection)

My domain name is related more to the twitter hashtag carhax than to anything child or toy related as google suggests for the first search result so… what can I do in order for cloudflare to fix this and allow me to transfer the domain to them as my registrar??

Thank you for any advice you can provide me.

Regards

Hi @antonio.davila, your best bet is to contact Support and ask them to assist.

The domain has some history on cloudflare, https://securitytrails.com/domain/carhax.com/history/ns with Pete & Rita. And whois returns those nameservers as well.

$ whois carhax.com   
Name Server: PETE.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: RITA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM

If you did not set those nameservers with your domain registrar, you may want to contact your registrar and have them reset to their default nameservers.

If it’s a temporary ban, that is a result of too many attempts to add and will automatically clear in a few hours. If banned, bans happen for a lot of reasons but only our Trust & Safety team know why and only they can lift them. To reach T&S, contact support AT cloudflare DOT com and when you receive an automated reply please respond back and ask to have the ticket escalated to Trust & Safety. If you share the ticket number here, I can guide it along for a bit, but I cannot see it after it’s escalated to T&S.