Bandwidth/filesize restrictions for Cloudflare Tunnels?

Hey all.

I’m hoping to get some insight on CF’s Cloudflare tunnels and their ToS. Everything I’ve found is related to their ‘old’ Argo tunnels.

I’m aware CF does not endorse tunneling things like Plex, but I would like a clearer understanding of what is and is not acceptable. There was some debate on Reddit that since the CF tunnel uses their CDN, then their CDN caching limitations apply even if cache bypass is enabled. I don’t quite buy that as routing traffic and caching files are two extremely different things, even if the tunnel services uses the CDN.

Basically I’m hoping to confirm that there are not hard bandwidth or file size restrictions to be aware of as long as the cache is being bypassed (as to not breach the ToS). Example would be if I wanted to put an FTP server behind the CF tunnel and occasionally transfer 1GB/10GB/100GB file, that would be fine.

Thoughts? Insights? Any help would be great.

The file content and bandwidth restrictions apply regardless of cache since Cloudflare pays uplink costs for proxying content at all, not storing the files in the cache. This applies both with the regular Cloudflare Proxy and Cloudflare Tunnel connections since CF is still proxying the content.

2.8 Limitation on Serving Non-HTML Content

Use of the Services for serving video or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content is prohibited