Bad rep IP nonsense - Captcha nightmare

So, obviously the support is total nonsense and have wasted an hour of my life.
When verifying my account, the captcha and redirection took almost 10 minutes.

My IP seems to have gotten bad rep because I have lots of web pages opening with my browsers.
So Cloudflare is not going to interfere with my research???

How can I get to support, or how can I avoid this nonsense?

Thanks!

Here is a video of the nightmare caused by Cloudflare:

I suggest approaching them with a little more respect than this:

I understand your frustration, but I hope you can understand why people are reluctant to poke an angry bear.

3 Likes

I can understand your frustration, but please keep a more civilized tone than that! This is a civilized community forum and search engines index the results (posts, replies, images, etc.) off of this site!

Community guidelines

I can also tell that you have not read the community guidelines! Please read them here (FAQ - Cloudflare Community))

Piling on is not helping, and is quite disrespectful of yourself. I’m angry at a company and
have not addressed any person like you are. I already got the message in the post before you.

Respect goes both ways. Wasting my time, making it impossible to reach support to fix the
problem, even wasting more time by making me click SUPPORT and be taken around their
site without getting anywhere, is not showing respect for the people they are denying access
to internet. We, me and Cloudflare, came off on the wrong foot, but we will be in that situation
until Cloudflare apologizes and do what they can to fix the problem. It’s not for me to start
apologizing before they have even replied. Not how it works in my world.

After I posted my video, I waited another 25+ minutes to get access to a page, which is totally unacceptable without having a reporting system available for those this is happening to. I have
a daughter sick from Covid-19 and cannot access the information about treatment when I need it,
so please don’t lecture me.

I’m not being disrespectful! I’m just stating that you need to keep a more civilized tone! So again, please keep a more civilized tone and don’t be rude or disrespectful to others!

2 things

1. I’m sorry to hear about that and hope that she is ok!

2. Please keep a civilized tone and don’t be disrespectful to others!

Sorry for the troubles, maybe your ISP can help to get a new IP, the one you are using here has issues

...found to have a negative reputation. Reasons for this assessment include:

The host has been observed sending spam in a format that is similar to snow shoe spamming techniques.
The host is unauthorized to send email directly to email servers.

Most likely, there has been security events relating to your IP address which has caused you to hit a bad reputation. Please review your network and confirm that you have no infected devices. Once that has been confirmed, the IP reputation will naturally improve.

If for any reason the IP reputation score increases again, the likelihood is that you still have something which is infected on your infrastructure.

Often this is caused by:

• Computer/IoT device infected with malware or some kind of virus.
  • Scripts or bots (e.g., scrapers) carrying out automated tasks across sites.

This Community Tip has other suggestions to review. Our IP reputation is sourced from multiple places including Project Honey Pot.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I have already done scans for malware. As far as I know, I have dynamic public IP through my ISP.
When checking locally on my PC, I have dynamic IP.

I have a strong feeling that the blacklist is coming from having many hundred tabs spread over maybe
50-200 windows, opening with my browsers. I have noticed up to 800 tabs at times. Of course, when
opening my browser, it will start to connect to at least the active page in each window, and maybe
all tabs too, depending on which browser I’m opening.

Many of the tabs (can be hundreds) will contain pages on the same web site, although not the same
page, a few may be repeated. I am absolutely no expert in this, but I have a feeling that this may
lead to a DDoS detection from some.

So if it is so, that some detectors are too sensitive and detects my activity as a possible DDoS
attack, Cloudflare needs to research this with the ones blacklisting my IP, and either:

A: Stop relying on their reports/bad IP tags if their filters are too sensitive
B: Make sure the sensitivity of their detection is set to a much higher level.

But again, I’m no expert on this, so I’m only throwing out my suspicion.
I haven’t gotten any info about why this is happening, so I’m left guessing…

Cloudflare also need to make it possible to get in touch to solve problems like this.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that intentional?

if that is not intentional, it sounds very much like a virus.

I checked the IP on https://talosintelligence.com/ and https://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/, seems the ip is showing on the block lists due to associated with email spam.

The Community here is the quickest way to reach us for customers on our free plans.

The issue is one with the reputation of the IP, your isp may be able to assist with that.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply!

The amount of tabs are intentional. The sites that gets many pages are large companies like Amazon, Shopee, Lazada, AliExpress, FDA, CDC. So, not small private websites. And in the case of registration here, I only had 3-4 of tabs open. Right now I have 11 Cloudflare tabs. That is perfectly normal for me.
I just installed new browser to get some load off the others, and although I have just had it for 3-4 days, I already have 35 windows open in it. Most of the tabs are to Shopee, maybe about 200 atm, but that’s only in my new browser. I have lots more in other browsers. I clean them out as I finish “topics”, or when I run out of memory. But I’m never below 100 per browser, and I guess I always have one with more than 5-600. The reason I installed this one, is that I needed a default browser with fewer tabs that cam open without me choosing to do so, like when installing a program and it opens my browser without my approval, or when I click some info in Windows settings, and it decides to open my default browser, OR Edge without notice… I’m just writing here while waiting to get a allowed to post this… 1 minute left…

How do I go about checking email spam? I do not send much emails, and use Gmail only, although I have a hotmail that I do not monitor., but do visit every now and then. How does that even work?

And why does the Captcha take more than 25 minutes, even the 8 minutes to verify the account with Cloudflare seems odd (in the video).

The slow mode here is killing me. I simply do not have time to just sit here and wait for 1 hour every time I need to reply :P. Main reason I’m here is to avoid losing time. I’ll have to get back to this later…
If you could cram in all possibilities in one message so I can avoid the back and forth with 1 hour waiting in between, I would be grateful. I’m in Thailand and it’s 4.30AM, and I need some sleep
before I collapse…

1 Like

I turned off slow mode once the fighting was over.

2 Likes

To be fair, that browsing is abnormal, so I’m quite surprised not more sites have flagged your IP address.

I can imagine that a VPN would make things easier for you in this scenario.

1 Like

Well, it may be abnormal, but I’m not doing anything wrong. Despite not doing anything wrong, my time is wasted, access is blocked, and I’m accused of things that simply is not true. On top of it all I get no support from Cloudflare. So what am I supposed to do to solve this problem, other than explaining the problem to Eu and everybody who is thinking of using Cloudflare. This is a health hazard. I lose money, and I can think of many other serious issues that is a consequence of Cloudflare not having a solution to this. Not having support whith the amount of addresses connected is pretty amazing. I can only say that I’m not accepting this, and will fight on with the small recourses I have. hanks to those who tried to help.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.