Bad Gateway / Hosting Error 502

Hello! Love the community so far! I was hoping I could get help me with my issue. Im getting a 502 error and its saying that I have a bad gateway. It also says that I have a host error. I’m really desperate to get it fixed.

This error came about after trying and unsuccessfully installing my ssl origin certificate. I was poised to do an apache configuration but I did not start it because I didn’t understand the instructions. What should I do?

Hello @Judge I was hoping you could help me with an issue. Im getting a 502 error and its saying that I have a bad gateway. It also says that I have a host error. I’m really desperate to get it fixed.

This error came about after trying and unsuccessfully installing my ssl origin certificate. I was poised to do an apache configuration but was yet I did not start it because I didn’t understand the instructions. What should I do?

502 error HELP

Hi @overshd, yep, I can see the 502 as well. If the problem started with the cert and installing it did not work, you may want to roll that back. The issue is something at your origin, there is a 502 504 tip that you could work through but I’d check ip in your dns settings and then see if there are issues with your origin. If that fails, Community Tip - Fixing Error 502 / 504: Bad Gateway

Thanks @cloonan I’ll try following that order you suggested.

oh and when you say " origin" what do you mean? Do you mean my hosting provider or cloudflare?

@cloonan will be referring to your hosting provider with “origin”

I restarted the whole process by taking my domain away from cloudflare. And, now I have just moved back to cloudflare. Could you please tell me what is the best way to get green pad lock? Should I get certificate from cloudflare or some other place?

Hi @overshd, you should generate an origin certificate from Cloudflare (in the crypto tab) and install it on your server if you can (if you don’t already have anither certificate there). I see this is what you had the issue with before.

If you can’t do it, you should contact your host for assistance. You should then set your SSL mode in Cloudflare to Full (Strict).

If you can’t install a cert at all, you could set the SSL mode to Flexible, but it should not be recommended as it doesn’t encrypt the traffic between Cloudflare and your server.

Once you have a certificate on your server or your mode set to flexible, set your A record in the DNS tab to :orange: and you should be good to go!

I understand. But I have still not yet began to install any certificates or keys.

I only switched to cloudflare and now I have a 502 that is bad gateway and also later 520 error that is unknown.

Now, when I type in my domain is shows suspendeddomain.org.

What is your domain?

freshnewreleases.com

Thanks, If you pause Cloudflare, do you still see that suspended page?

split this topic #13

A post was split to a new topic: Site redirecting

Yes I paused it but still It says suspendeddomain.org inside the browser.

Here’s the link to what I see.

http://suspended-website.com/e/

Hi @overshd, I see that redirect happening. Your dns setting look fine, I’d look to my host/origin for malware and for a redirect to the second site.

Oh my, did you just remove the zone?

Edit - Another person is seeing the same issue, some troubleshooting ideas here, https://infinityfree.net/support/why-does-my-domain-redirect-to-suspendeddomain-org/.

Thanks for the clarification @cloonan, I see this quite regularly with InfinityFree… their limits are very low (well… they are free!) and are very easy to hit just from maintaining the site without any external visitors.

closed #17

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.