AWS Lightsail Bitnami Wordpress bncert-tool “resolves to different IP”

Hi,

I’m trying to install SSL to a wordpress site that I hosted on AWS Lightsail, the DNS records of the GoDaddy Domain I bought for the website is managed by Cloudflare. I have added A records of the host IP in Cloudflare.

When I try to install the SSL using bncert tool of Lightsail, it sail it resolves to different Ip and not the machine’s IP.

I checked using " dig +short exampledomain.com I got the below

104.21.36.194 belongs to cloudflare.

And Host files seems ok, I’m not sure where I went wrong. I have the domain DNS records managed by Cloudflare and I have the host IP added in DNS records of Cloudflare. Yet I’m not able to install SSL. However, domain name resolves to correct IP.

Many thanks in advance!

I believe this covers your issue, does it not?

If you have difficulties getting a certificate issued you might also want to look into Origin certificates. Managing Cloudflare Origin CA certificates – Cloudflare Help Center

1 Like

Thank you! This worked! Actually I can decide to use Cloudflare’s SSL by using proxy or remove proxy and install SSL from bncert.

You still need a certificate on your server. If you don’t have that it’s still insecure. Get an Origin certificate if you have difficulties with the regular one.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.