AWS ELB with Godaddy registrar

Hi,
I ve tried following the tutorials and answers on this forum but I can not get the set up to work.
I did this:
I created a classic load balancer on AWS
I created hosted zones in Route53 and added an A record pointing at the load balancer
I changed the NS servers in Godaddy to Cloudflare
I added a Cname record in Cloudflare using Name = the domain name.com and Target = the Name of the ELB that is supossed to go in an A record.

It doesnt work :(( and I dont understand why.

I m moving from Cloudfront to Cloudflare because of the proxy security.

Any help much appreciated.

Nic
Why Wait
Don’t wait for an answer, find it fast! Search for #CommunityTip error:
Example: #CommunityTip 521

Test Before You Post
Unsure of the issue? Test before posting using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center: Diagnostic Center | Check SSL and Test Website Security | Cloudflare

For anyone else stack I got it working:

1. I created the classic load balancer, making sure it has the same security group as the instances
  2. I created a hosted Zone in Route 53 and added the domain
  3. I added the Route53 NS records to Godaddy
  4. I added the A alias record to the Classic Load Balancer in Route 53. I chose the availability zone and then the load balancer appeared in the field. please note it has a pre pended word to the load balancer dns name. This is where I was going wrong! I was copying the DNS load balancer name without this pre pended word and pasted that in the cname. That wont work
  5. I then added the site to cloudflare
  6. I changed the godaddy dns ns to cloduflare
  7. In the cloduflare I added Cname entered domain in name and the load balancer name including the prepend (as it appears in route 53 A record)
  8. I added a secondary Cname to cloudflare in the name I entered www and target domain.com

I hope this helps it took me all day to figure it out.

Hello,

How to configure Route 53 to Cloudflare

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.