AutoSSL certificate expiry on 5/15/20

Just got an e-mail:

Blockquote
AutoSSL did not renew the certificate for “shop.irishdeaf.com”. You must take action to keep this site secure.
Blockquote
The “cPanel” AutoSSL provider could not renew the SSL certificate without a reduction of coverage because of the following problems:
Blockquote
⛔ shop.irishdeaf.com (checked on May 9, 2020 at 4:13:29 AM UTC)
Blockquote
DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.irishdeaf.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “cpanel-dcv-test-record=RBE5d3WiW6yMXDEApDWJns0T18KVqBoynUjf39OAva8cwiEfkVxVM7HWILC7WKKQ”.; HTTP DCV: “cPanel (powered by Sectigo)” forbids DCV HTTP redirections.
Blockquote
⛔ www.shop.irishdeaf.com (checked on May 9, 2020 at 4:13:29 AM UTC)
Blockquote
DNS DCV: The DNS query to “
cpanel-dcv-test-record.irishdeaf.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=RBE5d3WiW6yMXDEApDWJns0T18KVqBoynUjf39OAva8cwiEfkVxVM7HWILC7WKKQ”.; HTTP DCV: The system failed to fetch the DCV (Domain Control Validation) file at “http://www.shop.irishdeaf.com/.well-known/pki-validation/999620CB753154F72B2B1E13367BB1A4.txt” because of an error: The system failed to send an HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) “GET” request to “http://www.shop.irishdeaf.com/.well-known/pki-validation/999620CB753154F72B2B1E13367BB1A4.txt” because of an error: SSL connection failed for www.shop.irishdeaf.com: SSL connect attempt failed error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure. The domain “www.shop.irishdeaf.com” resolved to an IP address “104.31.72.182” that does not exist on this server.

Is that an issue to be concern of? For 2nd issue above, On Cloudflare dashboard, I had just removed www.shop.irishdeaf.com because I know subdomain do not start with www.?

What is needed to do to resolve the 1st one?

Regards

It looks like you have two TXT records. Try getting rid of the other one.

You’re correct about the subdomain having www in front. Universal SSL doesn’t cover sub-subdomains.

Thanks, I just noticed that www.shop.irishdeaf.com exists on my cpanel, only on SSL Auto-Renew page, I suppose Auto SSL needs to be turned off on this one?

For shop.irishdeaf.com - without the www one, I read one of your reply on other support threads that has similar issue to mine, to create a new TXT record with the above.

However, I did that but it doesn’t seem to be resolved when I tried to Run AutoSSL on Cpanel.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.