Autopopulate DNS Records

I had a website set up with Cloudflare, but the DNS records were incorrect, so I deleted them. Is there a way to autopopulate them from GoDaddy or Siteground?

If you are asking about whether you can run the DNS scan again, the answer is no. You will need to manually create the necessary records. If you have access to the old DNS management, you can look for an export option. If the export uses BIND formatting, you could review it for accuracy and import it.

1 Like

Thank you. However, I don’t really know how to do any of that stuff. I think I will delete my account, open a new account, and start fresh.

That will certainly make things harder for you. Even if you are able to trigger the scan in another Cloudflare account, there is no guarantee that all of the records will be discovered or created correctly. Cloudflare is a self-service platform that does require at least some understanding of how DNS works.

Unless you have considerably more than the usual amont of DNS records, it will take longer to do all of that than it would to just create the records you need.

Whichever method you pursue, I wish you good luck and a successful outcome.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.