Auto-Discover email set up

I am still not able to get my email address to set up on Outlook. The emails are setup on other computers on outlook and are working fine but whenever I try to set up my email on a new computer or outlook it will not set up. This issue happened after I moved my domain from sherweb to Cloudflare for my website if you are able to help me get my emails set up I would appreciate it. It’s not find the correct IP address when the email address is searching for the IP address.

May I ask if the A autodiscover (or CNAME) is proxied and set to :orange: under the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name? :thinking:

From my experience, it should be unproxied and set to :grey: (DNS-only).

Okay, thank you for sharing.

Due to the e-mail related things, usually, the MX record should point to a hostname such as mail , and the A (or CNAME ) type record for that hostname should be set to :grey: (DNS Only).

In your case, you’d have to change from the :orange: to :grey: the A autodiscover, A ftp, A mail and A webmail records from the DNS tab.

And make sure in your Outlook, your POP3/IMAP/SMTP server is set to mail.yourdomain.com.

Helpful articles:

Ok, so I have changed the A- Autodiscover to DNS Only and will try that.

I have added the email so that’s what the issue was.
Thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.