Auto CNAME flattening when using API

Hello!
Quick question- can I flatten root CNAME when using CF API?
Because it seems, when I create the record via API it doesn’t work.

I’m a bit surprised, as I thought it was mandatory. If the apex hostname is a CNAME, it will get flattened, no matter what.

What kind of problem are you seeing? Is the DNS record you created not what you created? Is it resolving as a CNAME instead of an A record?

DNS record is created in UI, but not flatten for some reason. Right now I’m using flarectl(which is based on official Go library) , but i’m pretty sure that it will be the same with just curl.

Basically domains that I’m adding doesn’t work because of CNAME flattening issue. No A records, no CNAME records when querying with dig.
After manually saving the record, without changing anything, domains starting to work.

It sounds like you’ve been pretty thorough and that this is reproducible. Can you please open a ticket via email to support AT cloudflare DOT com? As soon as you get the autoreply, please post the ticket number here so we can escalate. It might be a few days before they can get to it, though, due to the holiday weekend.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.