Authentication Issue with DKIM, SPF, and DMARC

Hello there,

I am currently facing an issue with authenticating my domain on my email provider, Mailerlite.
When I add the DKIM, SPF, and DMARC records (which are correct) to my Cloudflare DNS, they seem to be accepted for a few hours, but then Cloudflare removes my DKIM and DMARC records and modifies my SPF record. As a result, my domain is no longer authenticated.
I’m having trouble understanding the root cause of this problem.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue or can provide insights into what might be happening?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Not sure what’s going on here. I’ve added my SPF and DKIM records a while ago and had no issues. Did you use DMARC management or did you use add them in the DNS records tab. That’s how I did it. (back then the DMARC Mgmt wasn’t there yet)

Are you using Ezoic or any other 3rd party integration of Cloudflare?

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I tried both…

Yes, I have Ezoic in my DNS records. Could this be causing the issue? What do you recommend I do? Additionally, I noticed that Cloudflare is suggesting I remove my MX records with the type ‘aspmx l google com’ to set up DKIM, SPF, and DMARC, but I’m a bit hesitant to remove them as I’m concerned about making a mistake.

Definitely don’t do that. That sounds very unusual, can you show a screenshot of that message?

Definitely. When using Ezoic, you need to make all DNS changes in Ezoic, as they will overwrite your settings every day.

1 Like

Not sure what causes this. I’m also on Mailerlite and I have no issues. I suppose it must be some conflict with other records. Could it be that there is more than one DKIM, SPF or DMARC record?

The only thing I noticed in DMARC Mgmt was that Cloudflare did not recognize my DKIM record. But that doesn’t seem to cause problems. I’m now getting my first DMARC reports and they show that SPF and DKIM tests as passed.

More specifically, giving Ezoic access to manage a Cloudflare account causes the DNS records in Cloudflare to be overwritten by Ezoic every day. Any records that were created in Cloudflare are deleted. Ezoic is the authoritative data source in such a configuration and DNS changes must originate in Ezoic.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help! I made the changes via Ezoic and it worked.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.