Authenticaed Origin Pulls

The instructions are ambiguous at best. It appears that they have done a tremendous job explaining the intricacies of how and why this feature works, however, the procedure required for me to actually fix the problem is beyond my understanding without an additional aide. What are the steps required for me to make this handshake work? Do I just need to purchase a new SSL key? Do I need to go into Apachie and add some lines?

To ensure uninterrupted service first verify if the authenticated origin pull certificate is installed on your origin. If it is installed and the expiration of the certificate is January 11, 2020, , you need to update your origin server to authenticate with the new authenticated origin pull certificate anytime before January 11, 2020 .

You can find the updated certificate and follow the instructions for updating popular origin servers in this Cloudflare Help Center article: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/204899617/.

You’re not the only one. Short version: You probably don’t need to do anything, as you most likely aren’t using Authenticated Origin Pulls.