Auth code failure from namecheap

Trying to transfer a domain from namecheap to cloudflare and I’m getting an auth code error even though the code is valid.

Does anyone know if there’s something else I need to do to effectively transfer the domain, or is the system broken?

1 Like

Same issue right now on 5 domains coming from NameCheap. WhoisGuard was turned off and domain unlocked at NC before the process begin as well.

Not sure how I restart the process now, the “Try Again” link just kicks me back to the dashboard for that domain.

1 Like

Same problem with transfer domain from dynadot.

1 Like

Facing the same issue, it says Auth Code Invalid from namecheap. Could do so without issue last month

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue with my namecheap domain transfer. Cloudflare claims my auth code is invalid. When I click “Try again” on cloudflare, it just takes me back to the dashboard.

1 Like

Same issue, worse is mine expired today and i decided to transfer during grace period :cold_sweat: When i request for new Auth Code it changes. So my support ticket is outdated … , and already charged to my card

1 Like

jonathantjh

2m

Same issue, worse is mine expired today and i decided to transfer during grace period :cold_sweat: When i request for new Auth Code it changes. So my support ticket is outdated … , and already charged to my card

My card was also charged, and so it seems the domains transfer payments are being processed prior to confirmation.

0 Likes

I jsut did a check, after u click retry, it allows you to enter the new auth code. Just now it wasn’t there.

After which i received an email asking to approve the transfer at https://transfer.registrar-servers.com

Few minutes later Domain Transfer Complete

It seems like they did a quick fix.

1 Like

Confirmed on my end too.

So:

1. https://dash.cloudflare.com ->
  2. Domain Registration ->
  3. Try Again
  4. On the overview screen for that domain look for the “Domain Registration” box and re-enter the auth code and it should work.

(Steps 2 and 3 are just getting you into the domain settings, you can get to the same screen directly by clicking on the domain in question via your Cloudflare dashboard)

1 Like

Interesting. I now see the “Domain Registration” box on the overview page too. It definitely wasn’t there when I was having problems yesterday.

0 Likes

@rahat [quote=“jonathantjh, post:4, topic:51207”]
Facing the same issue, it says Auth Code Invalid from namecheap
[/quote]
Facing the same issue, it says Auth Code Invalid from namecheap

0 Likes

Just to update, my current domain transfer status has gone from auth core failure to: Approval pending after contacting support.

With that said, I was told that namecheap has 5 days from the time of initiating the transfer to release the domain. And so I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens after the time period has expired…

0 Likes

Note that the 5 day period is standard; the current registrar (at least namecheap) generally sends an email to the e-mail address in the domain’s WHOIS/contact information with a link to accelerate the domain transfer.

0 Likes

Update, the domain has finally transferred…
With that said, anyone know how to edit the domain whois data?

0 Likes

WHOIS data here is not editable…yet.

1 Like

Facing the same issue. Auth code error for 1 out of several domains that I’m trying to transfer. Requested auth code several times from Namecheap but the code is the same. I wonder how long before they refresh the code.

0 Likes

Both registrars I’ve transferred in from let me generate a new auth code.

0 Likes

CF support advised the same. Will contact Namecheap support. Thanks.

0 Likes

Huh? I can edit my WHOIS data:

0 Likes

There has been a few weeks between the time it was said it’s not editable, and you trying.

In those few weeks, this feature was added.

1 Like