Argo Tunnel RDP - Session Error

I’ve set up the RDP via Argo Tunnel before without issue. I just recently tried setting up another but I’m running into a strange issue. I’ve checked and rechecked the tutorial just to make sure I haven’t missed anything, but the problem remains.

The tunnel starts without issue on the target machine.

I start the cloudflared.exe application on the source machine with the appropriate command line and it appears to run. When I go to remote in using localhost:3389 I get the following error from the Windows Remote Desktop app:

“Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress”.

Just to be sure, I tried connecting to the same target machine through a standard RDP connection (using the public IP and port forwarding) from the same source machine and it connected without issue. No errors.

Can you try 127.0.0.1:3389 instead?

If still fails, try to specify another port in --url parameter when you run cloudflared in your client local machine, then connect to the port that you just specified in Windows Remote Desktop app.

Opening port 3389 in your local machine might cause conflicts, so it’s better to use a different port for this purpose.

Also make sure to take a look at both cloudflared’s logs (the access one, and the tunnel one) as they may reveal the root of the issue.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Good news. Changing the port on the source machine (in the --url parameter and then in the corresponding RDP address localhost:NEWPORT).

However, now I’m getting a error=“websocket: bad handshake” when I try to connect. I did some searching in the forums but none of those suggestions worked (SSL and Websocket settings). Any thoughts on that?

@nuno.diegues how do I access the logs?

Can you check the Firewall events and see whether the firewall is blocking cloudflared request?

If nothing’s blocking, then you should check the cloudflared logs on your server. That depends on whether you specified the logfile path in the configuration file:

https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/connections/connect-apps/configuration/config#file-location

Apparently I forgot to re-enable remote desktop access on the target machine after turning it off when testing earlier :man_facepalming:t2:

Everything is up and running perfectly now! Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.