Argo billing notifications should show the affected account

I am an admin on a half dozen cloudflare accounts… all using Argo. I set up billing notifications in each account.

The notifications are rather useless, as I have no idea to which account the notification pertains. The process of loading each account and checking the usage manually is arduous and unnecessary.

It would be immensely helpful if the notification could give some indication as to which account and/or domains have triggered the Argo usage notification.

Many thanks, and I love all the little improvements made to Argo and Access over the past year.

example of un-actionable billing notification

Dear valued customer,

The criteria for a billable usage threshold notification has been met for this month:

Service: Argo Smart Routing
Threshold: 30.00 GB of Transfer

Log onto dash.cloudflare.com to review any anomalies.

This notification is provided for informational purposes only. Usage shown is not real-time. Actual usage and billing may vary.

@laurie might know who to get in touch with to include more info on these notifications. It’s still early here, but she usually checks the Community at least a couple of times per day.

Hi abel,

This is a feature request that is already in the works, although at this time I do not have an ETA for completion. We do understand the ask for more granularity. Please note that these notifications are sent to the billing contact listed for the account, so that would be the account you are receiving the notice for.

2 Likes

Thanks Laurie! Its great to hear this feature is in the works. Looking forward to it!

Please note that these notifications are sent to the billing contact listed for the account, so that would be the account you are receiving the notice for.

I’m loathe to contradict you a CF team member, but this isn’t quite the case. The notifications I am referring to are created under Account > Notifications > Create > Billing Usage Alert, and then a custom recipient is added. So all the emails are coming to the same email address in our case. The email address is an internal ops group used to capture these sorts of action items across many different projects.

Hi abel,
Sorry for the error on my part.

1 Like