Are there any other acceptable file types for captions besides .vtt?

All my caption files are .srt or .scc. It seems CF requires .vtt files. Is that true? How might I convert my current files to .vtt?

All my caption files are .srt or .scc. It seems CF requires .vtt files. Is that true? How might I convert my current files to .vtt?

If you re-categorize this under Developers → Stream, you’ll probably get more attention by the Stream staff.

Thank you! I’ll do the same for my thumbnail question. It’s nice of you to help this newbie learn the ropes here.

WebVTT is part of W3C standards, and have broad browser support, which is probably why CF choose to use it.

FFmpeg will convert for you, and is available on essentially any platform. There are plenty of other tools available online that can do the conversion.

1 Like

There’s various tools that can convert it for you online or as @michael said, ffmpeg would also work for this.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.