APO Wordpress with WP Rocket

I was ready to install and activate the Automatic Platform Optimization for WordPress, but the documentation indicates that there may issues/conflicts with WP Rocket. I already have that installed and it seems to work well, so I’m hesitant to disable it or deactivate parts of it to accommodate the Cloudflare APO.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario? Is there a safe way to benefit from both?

Any insight is welcomed.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @bill14. The issue with WP Rocket is discussed here: 404 issues on CSS & JS resources · Issue #3564 · wp-media/wp-rocket · GitHub. It is fixed in the latest version, so I think we will change our stand on the status of APO and WP Rocket integration. From my understanding it’s safe to use both. You will need to install Cloudflare Wordpress plugin and clear WP Rocket cache once APO is activated.
The ticket that tracks WP Rocket integration inside WP Rocket plugin is tracked here Enhancement - Integrate with Cloudflare's new Automatic Platform Optimization · Issue #3180 · wp-media/wp-rocket · GitHub

1 Like

It seems like we cannot run both the Cloudflare WP plugin and WP Rocket at the same time:

WP Rocket : The following plugins are not compatible with this plugin and may cause unexpected results:

• Cloudflare - WP Rocket Cloudflare Add-on provides similar functionalities. They can not be active at the same time.

Please report this at “WpRocket” as thats what they state, not what Cloudflare is stating. Also this does not mean they are incompatible with each other is just means:

WP Rocket tells you they are not incompatible with each other

Thats a big difference

1 Like

I did a little more digging and discovered that it was referring to the Cloudflare APO and WP Rocket’s Cloudflare Add-On, so I simply disabled the Add-on

1 Like

that should work.

1 Like

I can confirm: WP Rocket + APO + Cloudflare’s WordPress plugin works very nicely for me. I don’t have to babysit it to check if CSS/fonts/anything is broken.

(Don’t use the WP Rocket Cloudflare addon though, like you said, until the WP Rocket team releases an update.)

3 Likes