APO Warning: cf-edge-cache response header is missing

Hi.
After an update of the Cloudflare WordPress plugin from v. 4.0.2 to 4.0.3, the APO field started showing the following warning: “cf-edge-cache response header is missing! Please clear any server cache used via other plugins.”
Clearing cache in all other plugins, as suggested, didn’t resolve the issue.
After updating to v. 4.0.4 and clearing all caches, the warning still hasn’t disappeared.
Could someone advise how to fix it?
Thanks!

You can try disabling other caching plugins one by one until your origin starts serving: cf-edge-cache response header.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I turned the W3 Total Cache plugin off, cleared all caches; however, the notice hasn’t disappeared.
First run Dev Tools/Network shows:
|cf-apo-via|origin,miss|
|cf-cache-status|MISS|
|cf-edge-cache|cache,platform=wordpress|
Second run Dev Tools/Network shows:
|cf-apo-via|cache|
|cf-cache-status|HIT|
|cf-edge-cache|cache,platform=wordpress|.
Any other recommendations I should try?

this looks correct, just ignore the warning. as long as your origin serves cf-edge-cache it’s fine.

Okay, thank you. I hope the website speed improves soon also, cause after the last 2 plugin updates its TTFB & Speed Index got much worse.

Okay, thank you. I hope the website speed improves soon also, cause after the last 2 plugin updates its TTFB & Speed Index got much worse.

please DM your site address, I will verify the config.

Thanks. The warning is gone now from the APO field in the CF WP plugin. It took few hours after the caching plugin had been turned off.

Most users here don’t have DM access. They usually contact staff through their @cloudflare.com address unless you initiate the DM.

2 Likes

I don’t have the DM access. Tested the site today, and the results are the same, sadly:
First run Dev Tools/Network shows:
|cf-apo-via|origin,miss|
|cf-cache-status|MISS|
|cf-edge-cache|cache,platform=wordpress|
Second run Dev Tools/Network shows:
|cf-apo-via|cache|
|cf-cache-status|HIT|

thanks, good to know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.